Monday, February 27, 2012

Fuel

I love a good cheeseburger.  Hand me some cookies and I will most likely not turn them down.  My biggest food weakness by far is french fries.  Must be my German heritage but fried potatoes are the most amazing thing on the planet.  If I could eat this way all of the time I would given the choice.  But.....we get out of our bodies what we put into them.  Case in point.  Last week I was REALLY craving a burger so for lunch I had one.  I then proceeded to teach two cardio classes that night and completely tanked.  I was sucking air and watching the clock wondering if I could get through it.   The next day I had a really healthy veggie salad for lunch.  I proceeded to teach two classes that night and felt great.  I am taking us back to a previous post because it really is how you look at it.  I can look at that salad and say to myself "gee, I wish I was eating a burger right now" or I could say "I love how crunchy and fresh this tastes and I know I am going to feel great after I eat it".  How about this week we really think about what fuel we put into our bodies before we actually eat it and pay attention to how our bodies react.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment