Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Perfection

Something many of us strive for but few will achieve.  What is perfection?  Too many people spend their lives looking to find satisfaction in achieving "perfection".  With the media and photoshop it is sometimes hard to not feel inferior when we look in the mirror.  The "if only"s start to creep in.  I have spent many hours and countless amounts of energy working toward that idea of perfection in my life.  I even had a short stint with an eating disorder as a young adult that made me feel terrible but gave me the physical results I wanted.  And why?  For what?  I am now 42 years old and know that I will never have a perfect body and honestly I wouldn't want one.  I have a bit of a belly that is evidence of the birth of my two beautiful children.  I have moles all over - a gift from my grandmother that will stick with me longer than any china would.  I have many scars from my battle with breast cancer that I wear with pride knowing I fought hard and came out stronger on the other side.  My wrinkles are a sign of a life well lived.  What I see in the mirror might not look perfect to you but it is most certainly perfect to me. I have the freedom to work on other things in my life that are really important like health, community, relationships and spiritual growth.  I hope when you look in the mirror you see the perfection that is you and the beauty of your uniqueness.  I hope you strive for better health, strength and stamina not a size 0.  Change your view and change your life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment