Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What business are we in?

I have been thinking a lot lately about what the EDGE really is.  What business are we really in? The obvious answer is fitness or health but I don't think that is truly what we are providing.  I think we are in the business of making people feel good.  Simply that.  Feel good emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically.  When you walk in the door I hope you feel good emotionally - I hope you are greeted by name with a sincere smile by someone who looks you in the eyes and really does care about your answer when they ask "how are you?"  I hope while you are here you feel peace and comfort that goes beyond a surface level.  I hope the positivity and love the EDGE was built on comes streaming into every sweaty pore and you walk away feeling refreshed and energized.  I want the challenges that come with each class - following the moves, creating a mind/body connection, feeling the beat of the music - bring you mental clarity and help you focus and become sharper in other areas of your life.  Lastly, I wish for you to physically feel great!  I want you to notice one day that those aches and pains you perhaps had before are now gone and you just feel good being in your skin.

How could we be in any better business?  We are so blessed to be able to provide something that everyone needs and desires and we do so with love in our hearts for you.  As we grow I want to keep that integrity that we have built.  I never want the EDGE to become "just another gym".  We are special - and the reason we are special is because of all of you.  Thank you for being an inspiration to others, motivation to others, a friend to others, and sharing your time with others.  Suzanne and I know that life knocks you down sometimes.  It always will.... that is life.  When it does you have to brush yourself off and get up and keep going. The EDGE is a great place to safely do that.  Sometimes the last thing you want to do is the first thing you need.  The next time you are feeling crummy and want to just hide on the couch, take a breath and get yourself here.  All you have to do is walk through the door and we will take care of the rest.  We will help you feel better...... we might even help you feel GOOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment