Monday, March 17, 2014

The Gift

I wish I could wrap it up and give it to all of you.  I hope that everyone, at some point in their life, receives it.  I am not sure how to even label it but it is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.  Admittedly I was blessed with it long before my cancer diagnosis and although that journey re-affimed it and made it stronger it was extremely helpful in my fight.  I am talking about gratitude and a positive attitude.  I wholeheartedly believe that life is based 100% on how we choose to look at it.  I don't care what circumstances have transpired in your life, or how tragic the events, life can always be looked at with gratitude and positivity and the positivity comes from the gratitude.  

I have one particular friend who I have seen change into a new person.  He started a gratitude journal.  5 things that you are thankful for every day.  He told me there were days when it was extremely hard to think of 5 things but he would not go to bed until he had those 5.  He is a different man and is excited to share his transformation with others.  

I drive my daughter to school everyday and lately she has been complaining about it.  "I don't want to go" she would say or "it is only Tuesday".  We sat down and made a list of all of the things that she is learning that go beyond the academics.  How to deal with peer pressure and talk to adults.  How to be assertive and have a good self image regardless of the mean things people say to you.  I want to wave a magic wand over her and have it magically be better but that is not how it works.  Her "gift" will come someday but it will have to come from inside her.

You may be stuck in a job you don't like, or a relationship that is rocky.  You might struggle physically on a daily basis or feel lonely.  Regardless of your situation I can guarantee that if you change your perspective your life will change.  

At least I have a job, security, a pay check.....I will give it my best.

I fell in love with this person for a reason....  I will give them my best.

My foot might hurt but the rest of me feels good..... I will focus on that.

Feeling lonely?   Come to the EDGE.  We can fix that one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment